Meet Your Attorneys
Jon Paul Rion
Jon Paul Rion is in Best Lawyers in America under the field of Criminal Law. He has tried in excess of one hundred (100) felony jury trials, including capital cases. He is president of Rion, Rion & Rion, L.P.A., Inc., a three-generation criminal defense law firm founded in 1938 by his grandfather.
Jon Paul Rion is also the Board of Director of the Ohio Association of Criminal Lawyers and is a lifetime member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is Board Certified in the field of criminal law and is also a Fellow of the American Board of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has tried cases in twenty-seven (28) states. His firm consists of seven lawyers, is based in Dayton, Ohio and enjoys a national reputation.
John H. Rion
John H. Rion is a member of a three-generation law firm in Dayton, Ohio. He is Board Certified in the field of criminal law and he has been continuously listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 1983. He is the former president of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
He has served for two terms as Chairman of the Criminal Justice Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association. Mr. Rion has tried more than 300 felony jury trials, including capital cases. He frequently lectures at seminars for lawyers on the subject of constitutional law. Mr. Rion is a Fellow and a Vice President of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers. Mr. Rion has practiced in thirty-one (31) states.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 1981
- Listed in Best Lawyers in Ohio continuously since 2000
- Listed in Ohio Super Lawyers continuously since 2000
- Board Certified in field of Criminal Law by the National Board of Legal Speciality Certification since 1988 (one of the few in the country)
- Fellow of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers
- Past President of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board of Trustees of the Montgomery County Trial Lawyers
- Continuously receives Martindale Hubbell Law Directory’s highest accolade: an AV rating
- Past Vice President of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers
- Listed in The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
He is a member of the Dayton Bar Association, California Defense Lawyer’s Association, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (life member), Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (life member), American Board of Criminal Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers.
He is admitted to the Ohio State Bar, US District Court for Southern District of Ohio, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Paul W. Rion
As founder of the firm, he is John H. Rion’s father, and Jon Paul Rion’s Grandfather. He started his own law firm in 1938 in Dayton, Ohio and practiced law for more than 30 years. He was a frequent acting judge in the Dayton Municipal Court. He set the structure for the firm, now known as Rion, Rion & Rion.
Associates: Kevin L. Lennen, Nicole Rutter-Hirth, Kyle J. Lennen, Bradley D. Anderson